Sunday 19 March 2017

2004-07-11 Jerry Lee Lewis & Chuck Berry, Liverpool Empire, UK

Posting this as a tribute to Chuck Berry, who died yesterday, aged 90.

This is my own audience MiniDisc recording (FLAC) of Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry's concert at the Liverpool Empire on July 11th, 2004. I burned the MD recording onto a 90-minute CD and had to remove something ; I removed the (much too long for my taste) introduction by Jerry Lee Lewis's band before a tired-looking Killer went on the stage for barely half-an-hour. I might also have removed one Jerry Lee Lewis song, I can't remember clearly.
Chuck Berry was definitely in better shape than Jerry Lee Lewis. He was still rockin' and playing (generally) great guitar. This is his complete show, except for the end of the last song, "Reelin' And Rockin'" that has been removed because of digital noise becoming louder and louder as the song goes. Probably something to do with the 90-minute CD.
Anyway, I hope you will enjoy it !

JERRY LEE LEWIS

1. You Win Again
2. Lucille
3. CC Rider
4. Georgia On My Mind
5. Down The Line
6. Mexicali Rose
7. Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On
8. Great Balls Of Fire

CHUCK BERRY

9. Roll Over Beethoven
10. School Days
11. Sweet Little Sixteen
12. Memphis Tennessee
13. You Never Can Tell
14. It Hurts Me Too
15. Rock And Roll Music
16. High Heel Sneakers
17. Let It Rock
18. Around And Around
19. Nadine
20. My Ding-A-Ling
21. South Of The Border
22. Enchiladas
23. Johnny B Goode
24. Carol – Little Queenie
25. Reelin’ And Rockin’

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment